Daily Reading: Joel 1, 2; Revelation 4
“Worthy are You, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and because of Your will they existed, and were created.” (Revelation 4:11, NASB95)
Revelation 4:1-6 are all about the awesome scene around “him who sits on the throne,” which then moves to a description of the worship given to Him (Rev. 4:7-11).
- There is none like God. His glory is described as being like precious jewels (Rev. 4:3).
- His presence is described with lightnings and thunder and the seven Spirits of God before the throne (Rev. 4:5).
- The sea, a place of turmoil and storm, is like glass, at peace before Him (Rev. 4:6).
- All creation worships Him (Rev. 4:7-9).
- The twenty-four elders, who are in His presence, though sitting on thrones, clothed in white, with crowns on their heads (Rev. 4:4), understand that all they have is a gift from Him. They use all that they have been given to worship Him (Rev. 4:10).
In this scene, He is worthy because He is the Creator of all things.
- They were created for His purposes.
- They were created by His will.
- We exist because of Him.
This means that we owe Him our very lives; therefore, we should seek His will and live according to His purposes. The next scene will describe God’s Son who is worthy to be worshipped because He redeemed us (Rev. 5:12). Both the Father and Son are worshipped as Sovereign over all (Rev. 5:13-14). Do you realize that God is worthy of all praise? Do you worship Him by living your life according to His purpose and plan?